7 Questions Surrounding a Changing World
September 07, 2016
Global Mapping International (gmi.org) created a resource entitled Our Anchor in a World Adrift: 7 Stats You Need to Know to Serve the King. In this book, there are 7 statistics broken down that help us understand what is happening in the world surrounding economics, morality, technology, suicide, religion, and the movement of people. Empathy has been defined as, “Feeling your hurt in my heart.” As we look at our own lives, how can the following questions from GMI help us to empathize with the state of the world?
- When your home life doesn’t feel as solid as you might like, do you ever consider how many people are currently wandering as refugees around the world?
- Do you have a job that helps cover the cost of living for your family? Stop a minute and pray for the 200 million people who are unemployed or underemployed around the world right now.
- When you feel alone, doesn’t it help to think about how quickly and easily you can reach out to someone you love through a text or email? With a huge percentage of people in the world online, how can you better use technology to deepen relationships?
- It doesn’t take long to realize that many people in this world have a different definition of family than you do. How can you know what is true and stand up for that truth and still love those with a differing viewpoint?
- When statistics show that secularism and suicide are on the rise, how can we encourage people in their quest to find a spiritual home?
It is truly a mystery that despite what is going on in the world, GOD WANTS TO USE US to do something. We encourage you to stop, think about one of these questions, and ask God how to respond.