MCWA was founded in 1989 to be a beacon of hope and peace in Cameroon. A hospital was built which opened in 1994, where patients from near and far received compassionate, competent medical care. Today the hospital is run completely by Cameroonian staff, treats 43,000 patients annually, and employs 130 Cameroonians. To God be the glory!
If you are interested in knowing more about the work or if you would like information about serving with MCWA, you may contact them at the home office.
Telephone: 225-343-1814 | Email: email@example.com
At A Glance
- Incorporated in 1989 as a Louisiana nonprofit corporation, qualified as a public charity by the IRS (exempt from federal taxes as a 501(c)(3) organization) and based in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Annual tax information (including Form 990) can be found at www.guidestar.org. Other financial information (including Form 1023 and tax exempt letter of determination) available upon request to the Executive Director. Please click here to make the request.
- 120- Bed hospital built in 1994 with impatient wards for men, women, children/maternity, and infectious disease. The hospital has two operating suites and an outpatient clinic open all weekdays. Ancillary services on site include pharmacy, laboratory, physical therapy and radiology. Cameroon nationals perform all medical service’s with our oversight.
- Medical services available to patients regardless of ability to pay.
- Annually, more than 37,000 outpatients and 4,200 in patients are treated.
- Greatest need to advance the work of the hospital is French-speaking general surgeons and general practitioners, including family medicine and internal medicine to serve as consultants and trainers for short term assignments.
Team members in Cameroon have been supported from the very beginning by a group of like-minded volunteers who serve as the Board of Directors for MCWA. Each one brings unique talents and gifts to MCWA and leads the ministry with servant hearts.